Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Orange Protein Shake

Today, we will be making some protein milk for all those athletes out there. This drink is a twist on another beverage in this cook book, it is an Orange Shake, and it's ingredients are:
  • 4 cups High-Protein milk
  • 1 small can frozen orange juice (undiluted)

(Albright 24)

The only instructions are to "Mix together" (Albright 24), but, looking at the ingredients, it says that we need High-Protein Milk, so let us start by making the High-Protein Milk. 

To make High-Protein Milk, we will need:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 4 cups water
  • 3 cups skim milk powder
  • 1 cup soy flour or soy milk powder
  • 1/4-1/2 cup nutritional germ (optional) 
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla (optional)
(Albright 23)

The instructions are simple, just combine the eggs, yogurts, and oil and blend them together, then add the rest of the ingredients until they are well combined (Albright 23). 

With our protein milk make, we can flavor it, which is exactly what I did. The result is a thick, orange looking beverage, which I had no taste for, but I'm sure others will. A question relating to this is a question about will. What makes you willing to do something? Is it for a reward? Or will you o something just for the betterment of others?









Albright, Nancy. The Rodale Cookbook. Emmaus, PA: Rodale Book Division, 1973. Print.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Armin, very informational post here. My answer to your question is that it depends on my mood. Sometimes I do things because i feel nice. But others, I need some sort of personal gain as a motivation. Now i have a quick question for you. On your blog, will you be trying out more complicated dishes? Like ones that would require a stove or any sort of source of heat at all? Oh by the way, i think you should add more pictures. Maybe some of how you made it and not just the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irfan, as I am still an amateur at cooking complicated dishes, I have decided to stay on the simple path for the time being, but I will assure you that I already have planned my next dish which will in fact require an oven. I appreciate you answering my question, so I shall answer yours as well, while I made my dishes, I was too wrapped up in the process of making them than to find my phone to take a picture. I am sorry if the pictures do not meet expectation, but I do try to make them as accurately as possible and posting the final results as I feel that if you were to make the dish, having a final reference is still a good reference. Thank you for commenting

      Delete
  2. Hello Armin. Nice and simple post you got here and I can prepare this drink at any time to get my protein. I usually do things because I get bored and have nothing else to do. Yes it is for a reward of self confidence. I practice MMA so I can protect others and myself but I have a question for you. Why did you decide to make orange milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jonathan, I decided to make orange milk because I felt that making it flavored would add some more mass appeal to the drink, as many people may dislike the taste of protein milk alone. I was sadly proven wrong as the orange taste did not mask the protein milk's taste entirely nor did it improve the texture as much as I had hoped. Thank you for commenting

      Delete