Thursday, January 22, 2015

Chipotle Hummus


The third dish I made from the book was a Chipotle Hummus. This one I made to take to a friend’s house while watching the NFC Championship, I also brought chips because hummus is most commonly used as a dip or spread.

Ingredients:
1 can garbanzo beans 3 tablespoons of the liquid reserved
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chipotle peppers in adobo
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon lime zest

 This was probably the easiest dish to make out of the five that I made because all I had to do was put all the ingredients in a food processor and "pulse until smooth" (Kazda). The recipe only called for 2 chipotle peppers but if I were to make this dish again I would add more because I could barely taste them. According to my dad the hummus had a kick to it but my friend, Mason, and I both agreed that it could use more peppers so their flavor would be more prominent. A Chipotle hummus could be considered an odd dish because hummus is popular in Middle Eastern and Northern African cuisine but the chipotles and lime which were the main ingredients that added flavor are more commonly found in Latin American dishes. Chips and dip, like hummus, is a very popular food choice at parties, what other snacks or foods do you like to have at parties? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment