So instead of just going straight into doing French macaroons, I wanted to try out the simplest kind there was. Doing this will hopefully make it less of a chance for me to mess up when I do it next time.
 |
| What they are supposed to look like |
French macaroons are two light cookies that hold some kind of filling between each other. They are also a pain the but totally worth it. So instead of going full force into the cookie, I am doing the downgraded version of the famous cookie. "These classic cookies use no flour whatsoever, so are both gluten and wheat free. They are low in saturated fat too" (Gray 255). Here are the ingredients you will need to make the simplified version of these famous cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- 12 blanched almonds, split in half
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with nonstick baking parchment.
- "Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff but not dry" (Gray 255).
- Gently fold in the powdered sugar and almonds until the mixture becomes a sticky dough.
- Spoon walnut-sized balls of dough onto the baking sheets leaving space in between.
- Press half an almond onto the top of each macaroon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy.
So as I predicted, I messed up the cookie. This time I put in all of the ingredients and the correct measurements but it still turned out wrong. The cookies didn't lift and they look like they just melted and burned at the same time. So what I learned is that I should watch videos and research more about something before I do it. Question of the day, have you ever had a French macaroon? Even though mine came out ugly they still tasted kind of good.
 |
| What mine looked like |
No comments:
Post a Comment