Last time I blogged about vegetarian slow cooking. After that experience I realized I am not a patient person when it comes to food. So, I decided to scrap that and move onto something that would be easier and faster: cookies. These next blogs will be leading up to me mastering the one of the hardest cookies to make; French macaroons. But for now let's just start off with a way more simple cookie.
 |
| The ideal peanut butter cookie |
Peanut butter cookies. "A sweet and crunchy dessert that will leave you wanting more" (Gray 341). Here's what you will need:
- 3/4 stick butter, softened
- 1/3 cup crunchy (or smooth) peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Directions:
- Put butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in a bowl and beat until the ingredients are fluffy.
- Beat in the egg-if it looks like it is curdling, it will be fine once it's cooked.
- Pour in flour and baking powder.
- Chill mixture for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place spoonfuls of the peanut butter dough and place onto the baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon (or fork if you want a cooler design).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Eat
"Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week" (Gray 341). This is a way to keep your cookies fresh. Cooking this dessert taught me that I should follow the directions. On step 4, I didn't chill it for an hour because like I said, I am not patient with food. The cookie still came out delicious but it just looked weird. I hope you try out this recipe so you can try this delectable cookie. Question of the day: What's your cookie preference?
 |
| What mine came out looking like |
No comments:
Post a Comment