Thursday, January 22, 2015

#Cupcakin: The worm HIll #4

For the semi final cupcake I did a worm on a hill! This might be the most edible cupcake I made!

To begin with I did the normal and frosted the cupcake. The next part was a little bit tricky though. The hill is made from brown sugar, but, just normal light brown sugar doesn't really give off the dirt effect that is needed. The way to make it darker was "adding about 1 teaspoon to of water every 4 teaspoons of sugar" (Richardson 43). At first I thought Would it matter? So I tried it without the water and failed. When I tried it with the water it worked perfectly!




Next was the easy part. The book suggested "using one gummy worm to top it" (Richardson 43), but I have mad piping skills, so I just used  piped a pink worm (named Herman) on the top of the dirt hill.




The overall cupcake


I think this cupcake worked out one of the best because it was really easy and fun when I got to squirt Herman out of the pink tube.

2 comments:

  1. this is really cute! you did a great job on Herman by the way :) this is super creative and i love the idea! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my worm he was the best part. It was really fun doing this cupcake! THANKS SO MUCH. (I love having fans)

    ReplyDelete