Thursday, January 22, 2015

Who I am.

"Football [soccer] is self-expression within an organized framework" (Gifford 62). During the beautiful game of soccer, you are able to tell a story of who you are. By playing, you can act yourself as being too aggressive, not aggressive enough, mouthy, quiet, athletic, etc. You are able to tell who a person is by just watching a couple minutes of how they play. One of the main reasons I play soccer is to express myself. If I have to say myself, I am shy. I do not like to talk about my feelings towards people because I if you express yourself negatively, you come off weak and childish but during soccer, you can tell who I am, I like to be aggressive towards people, even the referees. I will mouth off to girls if they talk to me or even if they touch me too aggressively, I will start to swing my arms and talk about them. I know that is one of the bad things to do if you want to get carded but that's who I am. I cannot control my expressions and especially not the opponents feelings towards me. Sometimes I play with the girls heads; I laugh at them, push them around even when they don't have the ball, I talk to them. The way I act on the field and in school are two totally different personalities but on the field, I don't have to try to be someone I'm not but at school, I have to be nice to people. It's not that I'm fake necessarily but in my opinion, you express yourself more on the field than off.

No comments:

Post a Comment