
To begin with I frosted the cupcake with white frosting like normal, then I added the rice. For the rice, similar to what the recipe says I used Rice Crispy Cereal. However, instead of " Heating the remaining cup of frosting in a small bowl... and adding cereal" (Richardson 39), I decided that it would be equally as effective if I just put the cereal on top of the cupcake.
The next part was adding the green and orange candy to give the rice a peas and carrot look. I improvised again here, because the recipe wanted "4 orange fruit chews, and 2 strands of green licorice" (Richardson 39), and I used peanut M&M's. I used M&M's because they are bigger and the looked more to me like peas and carrots, plus it was more fun to cut them. Why make things harder on yourself?! The overall product of the cupcake
This cupcake obviously looks awesome, that's why its my favorite. Also I added toothpicks to it to make it look like someone was eating the rice with chopsticks! :)

This looks so good! I really like the creativity from comparing the M&M's to vegetables to including toothpicks on top to look like chopsticks. Nice job.
ReplyDeleteThanks ! it was really fun and it looked a lot like fried rice. I thought that improvision I made would be for the best!
DeleteThis honestly is making me hungry
ReplyDeleteThanks! ill take that as a big fat compliment! I'm glad you think it looks realistic, it also tasted good! but just not like fried rice ;)
Delete