I chose to cook several different dishes during second quarter to reflect on for my IRP project. My first dish that I made, was near and dear to me because it is a part of my cultural background. I chose to make Spam Musubi. It is a very simple finger food dish, that consist of only 3 ingredients, Cooked Spam, White Rice and Seaweed Strips. This dish works best when rice has sat over night so it's more sticky and cold rather than hot and easy to break apart. Once you have your working area set up you start cooking the spam. This was probably the trickiest part of making them because spam can produce a lot of grease, real fast. After the spam is fully cooked (will turn almost a red color) on both sides, one should set it on the seaweed strip and form a scoop of rice into the shape of a square. After this is complete, wrap the seaweed around the rice and spam so it meets the other end at the top and seal it with water (the seaweed will stick to one side if the end of the strip is wet). Clean up your kitchen, and enjoy! If I were to cook this food again, I would probably start experimenting different ways to make this. (For example: using brown rice instead of white) I found this dish pretty easy to make, just because I've made this since I was little.
No comments:
Post a Comment