"It is the eyebrows that form a frame for your eyes."(Brown, 57) Eyebrows are an important part of your eyes, they are the frame of them. They make a difference, whether you tweeze them or even get them threaded, I think we can all agree that it makes a difference in the way your eye is framed. Once they have been groomed (by yourself or a professional) upkeep is simple and easy. In my opinion, having nice eyebrows always adds a nice clean look to your eyes. Even the slightest definition goes a long ways.
Supplies you will most likely need would be:
Brow brush, brow pencil, clear brow gel, tinted brow gel, brow shadow, tweezers and baby scissors for a little trimming.
Getting the correct color for defining your brows is crucially important, refer to the chart to see what you match up to! Since I am a brunette, I would use mahogany and warm brown.
How to shape the brow:
1) chose the color that matched your hair (In chart)
2) Brush out your brows
3) Use the brow product of your type and fill in the bald spots gently
4) Bring the brush to the center and then follow the natural arch then brush back down
5) Make sure the length of your brows are long enough and look natural
Pretty simple right? Some people might be hesitant to just suddenly change their brow look (Me) in fear that it might turn out bad or it might not look the same as others. Let me just tell you right now, the journey to get the perfect brows is a longggg one. I am still constantly struggling with my brows every single day! But thankfully, if you mess up or if you make a mistake that you don't like, eyebrows do indeed grow back (thank goodness).
When you are trying to define your brows shape, it nice to go to a professional to seek assistants. Tweezing also comes in handy for those pesky hairs getting in the way of a perfect arch! As you begin, you want to tweeze right after a shower (tends to be less painful). Tweeze out all the strays under your arch and go one hair at a time. Slowly tweeze in towards the thickest part of your eyebrows. Keep in mind "the start of the brow should be aligned with the inner corner of the eye. The arch is 3/4 of the ways across the brow from there." (Brown, 71). This shape describe is the ideal natural brow that is the goal brow that we have in mind.
Brows are a very complicated thing to perfect, it takes a lot of time and practice and experimenting. The picture on the left shows color powder/tone matching chart for your brows, the right shows an example of defined brows before and after. So hopefully through reading this you learned how to groom the brows and to have patience in the perfection of them. Also that a nice brow is a great accessory for your eyes!
How do you groom your brows? What Color do you fit under? What is your definition of the 'perfect brows'?
Citation:
Brown, Bobbi. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro. New York: Springboard, 2008. Print.
Melissa, your blog is so great! To answer your questions, I don't usually do much with my eyebrows. I pretty much just make sure they aren't a mess, but have never filled them in. I fit under the red hair color, so I would probably use the ash blond color for my brows. I think the perfect brows can be whatever the person wants them to be. Some people have the more natural style, but other people have a more distinct or more forward look, so wouldn't use a natural color. The perfect brow is whatever fits that person in my opinion. I have a question, where would you recommend buying brow product? Now that I know more about filling in eyebrows, I might decide to start doing it a bit!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Anne! I don't really do much maintenance to my brows either, I just let them go with the flow and fill them in slightly. I too agree that the perfect brow is whatever the person wants them to be just as long as they themselves are happy with them! As an answer to your question, I personally do my research and want a product that is great quality for a low/decent price (who doesn't want a bang for their bucks?!). So I am currently using Elf Eyebrow Kit, which comes with a wax and a powder and I think I just bought that at Target, it works great in my opinion! I know you can get high end brow products from places like Sephora and Ulta, there is a good product I have heard about called Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. So basically you can get your products at a local drugstore or a higher end store like Sephora, I think they both are great places to retrieve brow product! Hopefully this works out for you well and I am glad to here that you might give it a try :)
DeleteThis was such good advice and instructions. You should've seen my eyebrows before, oh boy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sara! I am glad to hear that my blog offers good advice and instruction. And oh my goodness my brows looked horrendous before I learned how to properly groom them, I mean my eyebrows still aren't great yet, but I am sure getting there thanks to this blog information!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete