For my final dish I made a Grilled Chicken and Mojito
Sandwich. However because it is winter I was unable to grill the chicken on an
actual grill and just pan seared it.
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
½ teaspoon Serrano chili, minced
¼ teaspoon sugar
4 tomato slices
6 ounces boneless chicken breast
¼ cup onion chopped
2 lettuce leaves
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
I feel as if the mojito flavors in the sandwich are better
suited for summer time because it has fresh mint and lime, also I added fresh
tomato and lettuce which any type of fresh fruits or vegetables are usually associated
with summer at least in my head. I chose not to add the Serrano chili peppers
because my mom does not like spicy food and I just didn’t feel like having something
spicy that night. That is one of the things I like about cooking instead of
baking because with cooking you don’t have to follow the recipe exactly and it
will still turn out good but with baking if you don’t follow the recipe the
result could be a cake that is too dense or doesn’t taste good. The sugar added
to the mayonnaise made it much better because it helped cut the tartness of the
lime and mayo. The recipe said to use regular sandwich bread but I chose to use a French roll and toasted it because it would hold up better with all the ingredients. What characteristics do you think decide which season a food would be enjoyed the most in?
No comments:
Post a Comment