"As I grew up, everything started getting grey and dull. I could still remember the amazing intensity of the world I'd lived in as a child, but I thought the dulling of perception was an inevitable consequence of age... My own rediscovery of the visionary world took longer. At a time when I seemed to have lost all my talents as a creative artist I was driven to investigate my mental images. As I grew up I began to feel uncomfortable... I found I had some severe speech defects, worse than other people's (I was eventually treated at a speech hospital).
I find this really amazing. He had problems with speech, got over them, and became a theatre coach. You can really do anything if you just set your mind to it.
A game that I mentioned before in a different post, Mask (where you put on a mask and act), makes you act more like yourself.
"After this Mask session I realised to what extent I'd learned to repress my feelings, especially when things make me unhappy." (Johnstone 207).
Three Dreams: "Some dreams announce themselves as messages. There's nothing casual about them. You wake up and they're completely vivid in your mind, and you keep thinking about them." (Johnstone 207).
" I lift the lid and for a moment it seems as if the serpent will destroy us; but then it dissipates into thin air, and there, at the bottom of the box, is the real treasure." (Johnstone 208).
Hi Alexandria, I think that it's amazing that he got over his speech problems. I like how you told a bit about his story and put your thoughts into it as well.
ReplyDelete