If you’re a coffee lover you are going to love this cake! I
decided to bake a Streusel-Top Sour Cream Coffee Cake. This is one of the
simplest coffee cakes one can make for a Sunday breakfast, and I guarantee that
this will be a favorite among the family. Before doing anything you want to
preheat the oven to 350 degrees so that once you’re done mixing everything you
can quickly place the cake batter in the oven right away! First you want to
make the topping. “In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and
cinnamon until blended” (Perry 60). With your finger you just want to blend the
butter in until the topping is crumbly. Then you have to add the crunch to the
cake which is the walnuts and pecans. This was a bit of a challenge to me which
came as a surprise to me. The texture did not come out right so I had to add a
bit more flour. Other than that it was a breeze.
The cake itself was fairly easy to make. Although it had a
lot of components to it I was able to finish it in in approximately ten minutes.
The ingredients consisted of all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, pure vanilla extract
and sour cream” (Perry 60). When it comes down to it, all I had to do was mix
all the dry ingredients then slowly add the liquefied items. The thick batter
had to be smooth and blended. My tip for you about his recipe is that after the
cake has been baked thoroughly you want to make sure you leave it out for at
least 10 minutes. This cake serves about eight people, so it is perfect for a
family get together! Definitely make sure you serve this cake slightly warm…that’s
when it is the best! What's your favorite breakfast/brunch??
Citation-
Perry, Sara. Holiday Baking. San Francisco: Chronicle Books LLC, 2005. Print.

Hello Sophia. I like you blog post on the Streusel-Top Sour Cream Coffee Cake. To answer your question, I would say my favorite brunch would probably be a Butter Croissant or a glazed donut. I would like to ask you a question on your blog post. What was the hardest part of making the cake? and Would you prefer this as your everyday breakfast/brunch meal?
ReplyDeleteIqra, thank you for the comment! I would have to say getting the texture right for the topping as the most challenging step for me. Although the coffee cake was delicious I would rather keep it as a once every week breakfast meal. I don't want to get tired of it, and I feel that if I were to eat I everyday I would get tired of it.
Delete