
Whether you already run regularly or you don't run at all running more can seem like a big task. Running more might seem like it will take more time but it won't necessarily. This is because as you run more you get faster so you run even though you are covering more distance you don't necessarily take more time. (Benyo pg. 83)
"The added millage will increase the endurance reservoir and thereby increase performance... the added millage will also make the runner more efficient" (Benyo pg. 82). I know from experience that running more and therefore working harder makes you faster. The summer going into my freshman yer I ran 100 miles to prepare for the cross country season. This summer going into sophomore year I put in over 200 miles. Comparing my best time last year
19:29.50 to this years best
17:57.65 you can see the improvement.
If running doesn't apply to you or even if it does is there something that you would like to get better at and if so how can you put more time into it?
Steven, you're right, your can see the improvement. I think it's amazing how how you can be so committed to running, I know that I am not committed to anything the way you are to running. Obviously, running doesn't apply to me, but I've always wanted to get better at baking. Like, I'll watch t.v. and there will be shows where people are making extraordinary cakes and I'll think "I want to be that good at decorating cakes!" I've never really had time, but if I stopped procrastinating on homework I would have more time over weekends and on week nights to practice and possibly take a class so that I can build my skills and be able to see improvements.
ReplyDelete