“Consistency is the hallmark of greatness…Versatility is at
the heart of consistency” (Hamm 190). Many people may ask what this means. Well,
Mia explains to the readers that in order to be great and to set yourself apart
from others, players need to be consistent. Consistency is maintaining a high
level of play in every game and season, and is also how world athletes become the
best of the best (Hamm 191). I know that many people will make the argument
that everyone has a bad game or a slump every once in a while, which is entirely
true! However, this is where versatility comes into play. Versatility means
being able to have more than one special quality, for example not just relying
on your speed to beat other players. She explains that being a well-rounded
player will help with consistency as well as getting to the next level. “When I
analyze my game and how I’ve progressed through the years, I see a player who
no longer relies on pure athleticism to beat opponents and score goals. If the
direct approach isn’t working, I have options. If the dribble isn’t there, I
look for the pass. If my passing is off I ratchet up my defense. Work to be a versatile
player, so if one element of you game breaks down, another will compensate”
(Hamm 191). This information has greatly helped me as a player because I know that
I shouldn’t solely rely on one aspect of my game to make me a great player, because
if that element breaks down than I will have nothing to offer. This has also
helped me because now I know that I need to work on my weaker areas of my game
in order to make me a very well-rounded player! Are there any other ways you
know that will help a player become consistent?

This is such a great post, it really gives me insight on how to be a consistent and versatile player. I know another way to be consistent, which is to have a positive mindset!(:
ReplyDeleteSamea, that is another great way to be consistent! I totally agree that having a positive mindset will help players be confident as well as consistent. Thank you!
Delete