Here's the simple, delicious recipe:
| http://www.sohowsittaste.com/2012/03/soft-frosted-sugar-cookies.html |
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg" (Walter 49)
DON'T FORGET FROSTING:
"1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2-4 tablespoons hot water
Food coloring, optional" (Walter 49).
This recipe is so simple, all you have to do is, cream together butter and sugar then mix in the eggs and extracts. You then mix up the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. After that you combine the two. Roll the dough into rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. "Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until light brown" (Walter 49). That's why I say this recipe is so easy! It only took me 15 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake. You can also do so much with these cookies. Because I am not making them for a holiday, I didn't use any special food coloring. But I like when Coleen Walter says, "I sometimes add food coloring to the frosting to coordinate with the current holiday" (Walter 49). I think that is a great idea and I think I will make more of these cookies for valentines day.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and good luck with finals!
Wow, these look tasty! I might even make some for myself over the weekend!
ReplyDeleteI've always liked making short, easy recipes, and similar to what you came up with, I usually end up making some cookies. Do you like to eat them as a study snack, or did you feel the need to take a break and make something? I ask because I've sometimes made myself some cookies as a nice break from working.
Also, that frosting sounds interesting. I don't usually make frosted cookies, so I have a question: is almond extract usually in frosting? If not, it certainly sounds like it would give an interesting flavor! I'll have to try it soon.
Hope you enjoyed the cookies, thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thank you, and they were! You should. Yeah, the short recipes are always easiest so that you don't get bored in the middle of making something. I felt the need to take a break, finals was too stressful so I thought I would finish up my last blog with those! No, I think vanilla extract is most often used in frosting, almond and vanilla aren't too much different tasting. I liked it with the almond in the frosting! No problem :)
ReplyDelete