I don't know about you, but I am a huge chocolate fan. I love it! Chocolate with caramel, chocolate with almonds, chocolate covered strawberries. It's all delicious. When I saw this recipe I never had chocolate with powdered sugar before, I knew I had to try it! My first thought on this recipe was that these crinkle-top chocolate cookies might even be better than chocolate chip cookies. They are very appealing, they almost look like little pieces of cake, covered in powdered sugar. They taste like it too! They have a very fudgy, chewy chocolate taste to them and the powdered sugar evens out all the flavors perfectly. Cookies with chocolate in them always seem to look good! Don't they?
These cookies are pretty simple to make and they have an easy recipe:
"2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup confectioners sugar" (Groff, 24).
First you melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and you don't add in the other cup until everything is combined at the end. You refrigerate the dough for 2 hours and then roll them in powdered sugar and they are ready to bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
The cookies turned out amazing for me and I'm sure they can do the same for you. No, they are still not better than chocolate chip cookies, but they really are good! I would definitely recommend this recipe, and without a doubt make it again. Maria Groff says, "When I baked these moist, fudgy cookies for the first time, my three preschool children loved them! But I like them because they're low in fat and easy to bake" (Groff, 24). That is so true and I'm sure any kids that like chocolate, would enjoy these cookies!

These look delicious! I'm always looking for new things to cook and bake at my dad's house, and was wondering if this recipe would still be within my reach of success even though the majority of my cooking experience consists of merely placing prepared dishes into the oven to heat up?
ReplyDeleteThank you! I used to do the same thing! Yes I definitely think so, just make sure you have all of the ingredients :)
ReplyDelete