Note: Before you even apply concealer, you want to have a primer base which goes under you foundation, BB cream, CC cream, etc...this will make the concealer last all day.
Concealer blends into your skin, lightens dark circles, dims redness, and conceals blemishes basically. There are many different types of concealers out there and used for different areas of your face, for example an under eye concealer won't work with covering up areas of redness or acne (It will only highlight the imperfection).
Under Eye Concealer:
"This is one of the products that, when applied correctly, can instantly brighten the face."(Brown, page 39) When choosing a shade, you want to chose a color that is 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation. Also make sure to get a LIGHT yellow-toned concealer so you can cover up the blue-ish/darkish color, this will brighten it up. If you don't need much coverage, a lighter stick foundation could do the trick.
Acne/Blemish Concealing:
Use either a yellow tone foundation/concealer that is more warm colored and matches your skin tone, rather than under eye concealer which is lighter.
Troubleshooting:
If you run into creasing, apply pressed powder of some sort on top. If it's too light, dust a small amount of bronzer over the top.
S/o to my sister for volunteering to do this demonstration, and also when you blend you may use your finger(make sure it is clean), brush, or sponge. I am using the Beauty Blender in the photo. As for concealers, Maybelline Cover Stick in the shade Fair and CoverGirl Fresh Complexion in the shade Ivory.
This has taught me how to conceal correctly and how to pick the correct concealers too because before I was using all the wrong stuff. Just ask yourself "Does this have the right tone?" and "Am I using it in the correct areas?" and you're on your way to better concealing! Hopefully this helped you and much as it helped me and maybe even next time you are out buying makeup or applying makeup, keep these tips and tricks in mind and good luck!
Citation:
Brown, Bobbi. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro. New York: Springboard, 2008. Print.
I love your blog so much! To be honest now I wished I did a blog like yours :) Makeup is so fun to use and when done correctly can enhance your beauty! I'm definitely going to try out the beauty blender that you used in this bog! The makeup looks so natural and easy to wear. I liked how you explained a solver to the creasing concealer under the eyes. Definitely going to try this out!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sophia :) Maybe for your next IRP you can do a makeup book, it's actually really fun to blog about! AND YESSS, the Beauty Blender is a wonderful tool to use and it blends out foundation and concealers so well, I definitely recommend it. When you are on the run, there is nothing more handy than an easy and natural application of cover-up foundation or concealer. The power for creasing is a nice and easy go-to for under eye concealer, another remedy to under eye creasing is to add a little bit of eyelid primer before you apply concealer (Urban Decay has really nice ones as well as drugstore products). Thanks so much for commenting and hopefully these tips will be successful for you!!
DeleteWow Melissa! I love how you can make wearing makeup look so natural! I will definitely use this technique as it doesn't look like it takes too much time and I am almost always pressed for time in the mornings!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tara! Makeup is a wonderful tool when used correctly and naturally, and totally comes in hand for school or whenever you are in a rush. I always use this concealing process for schooldays because I am in such a time crunch in the morning! Hopefully this works out for you and thank you so much for commenting :)
DeleteMelissa this is really helpful! You make everything look so easy and natural!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dana :) I am glad to hear that this is helpful to you, this just shows that a little goes a long way and also that makeup can be easy and still look good too. Thanks for commenting and hopefully this is successful if you chose to try it out!
Delete