Cities
can sometimes be dull and surrounded with boring grey buildings, but there are
always those spots were you can find lots of color. In Seattle specifically color
is shown often through street art and graffiti. According to the section titled
Color in the City “Color in
buildings, window displays or signs ha a special attraction” (Beazley 64). Color
can bring a refreshing and lively tone to a city that is usually considered stuffy and monotone. When I went to the Seattle in search of color it surprised me how much there actually was. When people hear the word city it usually brings the connotations of fast paced, and rushed, giving the impression that it doesn't have time or space for art or color. This might be true for some cities, but for Seattle it was quite the opposite. There were many examples of color in Seattle including the EMP (Experience Music Project), the public market, and even just local displays of art, but the thing that caught my eye the most was the vibrant graffiti.
In the picture above I was able to capture the color made by the multicolored graffiti. The book states that "With good framing, quite small areas of color can make a vivid impact" (Beazley 64). The red truck in the picture above not only added to the color but also helped frame the graffiti and give the whole picture a sense of depth. By focusing in on the subject and filling the viewfinder with the main focus I was able to concentrate the colors to make it seem even more dramatic. The many different colors help to establish the contrast between some of the more bland parts of the city and the more bright parts. I think I was able to take a photo that really shows Seattle's fun and bright personality while also maintaining a professional and thought out picture.

Hi Ayisha, what I like about this post is that you added a picture that you took and a little bit about the picture.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Roda! I tried to really explain how the picture related to what I was reading in the book that I got. I hope i showed what I learned and also helped you learn something about photography as well.
Delete