Backyard Apple Tree Crisp
Here’s another delicious pastry to make! It is called
Backyard Apple Tree Crisp. This was definitely my favorite thing to make. Its hot
fruit bubbling under brown sugar and oat topping was something I could not
resist. This was one of the most challenging recipes I’ve had to make as well. Before
starting you want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then you want to, “Generously
butter an 8-by-8 inch baking dish or another 2-quart baking dish and set aside”
(Perry 43). I first started with the filling. This is the easy part of the
recipe. All you had to do was toss together the apples, lemon juice and sugar. Easy
right? Once you think the apples are completely covered in the lemon juice and sugar
place them in a baking dish and set them aside.
Then I proceeded to make the topping. The topping consisted
of, “all purpose flour, old fashioned rolled oats, light brown sugar,
granulated sugar, ground cinnamon and lastly unsalted butter” (Perry 43). Same as
the streusel I made yesterday, you want to mix all the dry components first
then use your fingers to blend in the butter. I’ve learned that using your
fingers to blend is better for making crumbs for a topping. After I did this, I
sprinkled the topping all over the apples. Then it is ready to go in the oven. It
took a very long time to bake, approximately forty minutes. But it was all worth
it when I took the apple crisp out. The crisp turned golden brown and the
apples were bubbling around the edges. It smelled heavenly! You want to “remove
and cool in pan for fifteen minutes” (Perry 43). This is best served with
vanilla ice cream when the apple crisp is warm and it serves four to six
people. Perfect for a family! What is your favorite desert to eat with vanilla
ice cream?
Citation-
Perry, Sara. Holiday Baking. San Francisco: Chronicle Book LLC, 2005. Print.

This looks so good! Was it hard to make?
ReplyDelete