Finally, a relaxing day off from the stressful world of high
school. But, what to feed that growling stomach? For these easy going kind of
days, you should try Lazy Man’s Pancakes. “This
is great when you’re pressed for time. No more standing at the stove for an
hour flipping and frying… just mix and pop in the oven” (101 Breakfast &
Brunch Recipes).
Ingredients: -3 Tablespoons Butter -6 Eggs -1½ Cups Milk -1½
Cups All-Purpose Flour
Melt butter in a
baking pan placed in a 425-degree oven; make sure to spread all around and
sides. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, and flour; beat well. Slowly pour the
mixture into the buttered pan for 25 minutes, or until top is golden (101
Breakfast & Brunch Recipes). Just cut into squares and serve. You are
also able to garnish the savory pancakes with whatever you would like. Maybe
some maple syrup, almonds, strawberries, or bananas.
The impact the reading has had on cooking is helping to deal
with uncertainty and the unexpected. This was definitely a new way to make
pancakes, which I was anxious about how it’ll come out. Once the timer rang to
take it out, I was thrown off by what I saw. The pancakes were coming out more
like a pie. It was forming a high crust on the outer rims and an under cooked
filling. I have to say, I had a mini panic attack from the unexpected. Nonetheless,
my mom calmed me down and just told me to put it in the oven a bit longer until
it was golden. So, how do you deal with the unexpected in cooking or even in
your own life?
101 Breakfast &
Brunch Recipes. Columbus, OH: Gooseberry Patch, 2012. Print.

These pancakes look delicious! Thank you for your bit about expecting the unexpected with them, I'll make sure to remember that whenever I'm cooking or baking in the future. In fact, considering tomorrow is "a relaxing day off from the stressful world of high school," like you mentioned in your post, I think I just might have to make these pancakes tomorrow! :)
ReplyDelete