Saturday, January 23, 2016

Warm Banana Soufflés

For my third post I was feeling fruity so I made some banana soufflés. This dish was new for me because I've never made any type of soufflé before. "Soufflés are generally soft and smooth, easy to serve and eat, and stunningly varied in color and flavor" (Mildred 8). This special dessert is a great addition to any meal and "can put the taste of summer on your table any time" (Mildred 8). I will now show you the outcome of this recipe which came from The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts.


Ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • 3 medium sized bananas
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 egg whites
  • 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Steps:
  1. preheat oven to 450 degrees, spray soufflés dishes with cooking spray
  2. mash bananas with lemon juice and vanilla extract
  3. beat egg whites with mixer until peaks form, gradually sprinkling in powdered sugar
  4. gently fold beaten egg whites into banana mixture with rubber spatula
  5. spoon mixture into soufflé dishes
  6. bake 15 minutes or until soufflés are puffed and browned
Add a dash of powdered sugar on top to make it appear even more delicious.

The dish was perfectly cooked, make sure not to overcook or it might get crispy.

Notice how it looks fancy served on colorful plates and with a spoon!
Overall, I was quite pleased with the way this dish tasted. I was surprised for it to taste so good with just a few simple ingredients. I will definitely make this again since it was quick to make for a dessert. Well if you've never tried I soufflé before, I highly recommend this one for starters.
If you made a soufflé, how would you serve it and what toppings would you put on it?


Citation:
Ying, Mildred. The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts. New York: Hearst, 1991. Print.


No comments:

Post a Comment