Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Kanzashi in Bloom: Flowers in Your Hair Clips

One thing to note is that "Traditional Kanzashi are worn as hair ornaments" (Gilleland 55). Since traditional flowers were worn as hair accessories, that will be what I will be demonstrating. One of the many things that can be made out of these flowers are hair accessories, "There are so many types of blank hairpins, clips, and barrettes available--for those with every hairstyle from short curls to long ponytails" (55). With the knowledge of how to make these intricate flowers, you can design and personalize them to your liking. You can possibly make many to match and wear with different outfits!
1. With a round piece of fabric (the same one used to make your flower) sew a clip of your choice to secure it on the fabric.




2. Using a hot glue gun or fabric glue, glue the fabric circle with the clip to the back of your flower.







3. Wait for the glue to dry and decorate your flower accordingly.
What is your favorite accessory?



5 comments:

  1. These clips make really pretty and easy DIY accessories! I love that you can personalize them with the decorations so that each clip is unique. Putting a rhinestone on it adds a fun sparkle to your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing more projects from you, you seem to really be in the hang of making accessories, ect. I think the rhinestone was a great touch to the piece. Hopefully you wear it out one day, people will certainly be amazed when you say you made it yourself! That's what learning crafts are for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing more projects from you, you seem to really be in the hang of making accessories, ect. I think the rhinestone was a great touch to the piece. Hopefully you wear it out one day, people will certainly be amazed when you say you made it yourself! That's what learning crafts are for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little clips look great and I will definitely have to try it out!The way that you explained the procedures was really simple and to the point which I love. Your crafting skills are great and I cannot wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower clips are so cute! What's to be appreciated and loved about these DIYs is the fact that you can personalize them to your liking, like how you did with the rhinestone. My mom is a huge fan of wearing flower pins and I want to make this for her. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete