Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Finding Yourself & Philosophy

What am I doing, or rather where am I going. Of course I mean in the context of general life, these questions have to have brought up sometime in a person's life. Christopher Phillips approaches these questions in his own Socratic sort of way, though this time he gives himself the answer of "You're moving in the direction of your dreams" (Phillips 135). If you are questioning what you are doing, then you just may be moving in the right direction.
 There is not too much Socratic method to this question, and it seems to be more of a goal, to add more "philosophy" to this question seems to be a stretch. Any more questions that stem from this would seem to be where the philosophy comes in, where you then can find more in your thoughts and expand your horizons. For me, thinking about this question truly makes me want to stop procrastinating, though that's just my thoughts. Philosophy is more than just the Socratic method and Socrates. Philosophy is defined as the nature of knowledge, and that's honestly not too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment