Krause, Jerry. Baskeball Skills and Drills. Human Kinetics, 2008
In this post the goal is to learn drills to become an effective ball handler.
"Dribble the ball hard. The more time the ball spends in your hand, the more control you have of the ball. The harder you dribble, the quicker it gets back in your hand.
Head up at all times. Look at the rim or a spot on the wall during all practice.
Use your finger tips to control the ball, not your palm.
Warmups include between the legs and the crossover dribble." (Krause 85).
When dribbling always stay under control. Use your finger tips to control the ball, and dribble hard.
When I did these drills I occasionally had problems controlling the ball with my fingertips, but for the most part I was fine.
1. Between the legs dribble

2. Crossover dribble

3. Keep ball on fingertips with hard dribble.

No comments:
Post a Comment