Monday, January 25, 2016

Kids in the Kitchen- Vegetarian Chili

The vegetarian chili seemed like a complex yet delicious meal that would turn out great for my family. I took the advice of the author and used "two kinds of lentils plus squash, tomatoes and peppers make this chili absolutely delicious." (Baird 42) I decided to also add a few more different types of vegetables to add an even richer flavor.

The steps to make this are:
1. Place dutch oven over medium heat; pour in oil.
2. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper.
3. Add the vegetables stirring often for about 8 minutes.
4. Stir green and red lentils into pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add 4 cups of water, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir uncovered for 30 minutes.



Baird, Elizabeth. Kids in the Kitchen. Toronto: Madison, 1998. Print. 

1 comment:

  1. I especially liked that you added tomatoes to the chili. I have never tried making chili before but this dish looks amazing so I would definitely try this recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete