Monday, January 18, 2016

Chunky Banana Nut Cookie

If you're thinking about baking typical chocolate chip cookies, but want to add a twist to the recipe and try something new, this recipe is perfect. It's simply a cookie sand which with Nutella, marshmallow fluff, nuts, and bananas in the middle, all ingredients which result in a heavenly dessert worth making an effort to create!  This cookie recipe was taken from the book, Cooking In Style The Costco Way & under "Desserts."


Recipe:
The recipe suggest using "2 Kirkland Signature Oatmeal Cookies" (Casey 187), but you can use any kind of cookies you want; I used double chocolate chunk cookies.
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff and/or chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella)
1/2 banana, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts








Steps:
1. Place 1 cookies flat up on a dessert plate
2. Spread half of the marshmallow fluff and/or chocolate-hazelnut spread on the cookie.
*Remember to place banana dices between marshmallow fluff and hazelnut spread, like a sandwich* (Casey 187).
3. Top with diced banana and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
4. Spread remaining marshmallow fluff and/or chocolate-hazelnut spread on the second cookie and place on top. Makes 1 serving.
If you were to remake this recipe, what kinds of cookies would use (ex. chocolate chip, snicker doodle, oatmeal raisin, etc.) and would you substitute any of the ingredients?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nutella and bananas go great with it so this cookie is perfect. The outcome looks like is turned out great, gooey and scrumptious. If I was to remake this recipe I would use chocolate chips instead of nuts since I don't like nuts as much. I would also remove the marshmallow puff and substitute it with peanut butter because I think that would add an extra burst of flavor to make the cookie taste even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so scrumptious! What I love the most is the twist on chocolate chip cookies. I like how you can take a different look on the simplest of treats. I know this with experiencing hot chocolate muffins. I can't wait to try this recipe, but maybe with a twist of peanut butter cookies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete