Monday, January 25, 2016

Big-Ass Book of Crafts 2: License Plate Bling

I am at the age where getting a  driver's license is a huge thing. But even better than a drivers license is your own car, that you can personalize and make it your self. Some people get a new paint job, others personalize their car by putting bumper stickers it. This craft is cheaper than a paint job (by a lot) and it is more fun and creative than a bumper sticker. Montano said "I have always wanted a personalized license plate, but I'm just too lazy to figure out how to get one," (Montano 122). I, as well hate going through a long process just to express myself, so decided to take this experiment head on.

This is a really easy project, but not as easy as my nail polish demonstration I did in the previous blog post. All you need is enough magnet letters to make your statement, license plate frame, E-6000 glue, gold spray paint. (Montano 122).

Steps:
1. Decide what to spell out, then arrange it on your frame.
2.use E-6000, glue the letters onto the licence plate
3. Spray the frame with the gold spray paint.
4. Spray on two more coats.
5. Screw your new frame onto your car.

When I made this I changed a few steps. I couldn't find magnetic letters anywhere I looked, so I bought foam letters and used that instead. Then the license plate had in huge letters "Honda".
So I painted the frame a blueish-grey with spray paint. Then I painted by hand the foam letters. Finally I glued it down. This was a really cool project and you can spruce it up by added things like rhinestones

Question: What is something that you want no matter what? Why?

Montano, Mark. The Big-ass Book of Crafts 2. New York: Gallery, 2011. Print 

1 comment:

  1. I love how this art project seems really easy to do and is a great way to add more personality to any car. Something that I would want to do no matter what is learn how to drive because I think that it is a really valuable skill to learn.

    ReplyDelete