Monday, November 30, 2015

The New Guide to Skiing

The Guide to Skiing Part 1
Skiing is a sport that either comes as a natural ability or it takes time to learn and develop throughout the sport.
#1 First, you need to get the correct equipment without this you will never have a good time skiing because you will be cold and/or wet.


#2 Second, you need to understand the aspect of skiing the way that you walk and act when at the mountain. (Learn the lifestyle)


#3 Third, if you need a person to teach you how to ski choose someone that you can trust is going to give you their all and push you in ways to make you better.

#4 Fourth, get on the mountain, get on the snow and get used to just standing on your skis on the snow.

#5 Fifth, once you have these first 4 steps down now you're ready to learn the "duck walk" and "side step". These two ways of movement on flat or going up shallow hills will help you with your skiing from beginner to expert terrain you will use these two movements in one way or another.


#6 Sixth, once you get the duck walk and side step down take the next step and begin to learn "french fry and pizza" these are the beginning steps of mastering skiing as a sport.

2 comments:

  1. Wow very insightful information! I will use your tips if I ever go skiing! This will help me in the future. I have skied when I was little, but I don't think I was doing it right because I didn't have the basic skills, shown in your post, mastered. I will focus on these things if I will go skiing in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you were so basic on how you described how to ski. I have wanted to go skiing for a while but never had the chance. Maybe you could have gone into more detail on how to duck walk. unless that is in a later post

    ReplyDelete