Krause, Jerry. Basketball Skills and Drills. Human Kinetics, 2008. Print.
Practicing efficient two foot jumps for rebounding techniques.
Practicing efficient two foot jumps for rebounding techniques.
"Successful rebounding almost always requires the use of two-foot power jumps. The takeoff feet should be planted firmly before the jump to provide maximum contraction of the leg muscles. Bend the knees inward, not outward to prevent injury. Whenever possible, players should use the forward momentum of a running jump with forceful contact on the takeoff and swing the arms forcefully upward to add to the body's momentum. Land with a wide base to complete the jump." (Krause 15).
To jump at your maximum potential, use two foot power jumps. Safely plant your legs on the ground and squeeze your leg muscles. Bend your knees inward and swing your arms violently to create momentum. Land with your feet spread apart.
At first when I did this I had a problem keeping my feet spread apart and I would always bring them inward. But for the rest of it I didn't have a hard time since I followed the form.
1. Start with planted feet and a nice base.
2. Swing your arms up violently
3. Jump with your knees bent INWARD.
4. Land with the ball at your chin with a wide base
When you use this, it helps basketball players to rebound much more effectively than jumping off of one foot or jumping with improper form. So therefore I can get more rebounds to help my team win without injuring myself.



As someone who doesn't play many sports, this information should prove to be useful if I wanted to play basketball.
ReplyDeleteAs someone who doesn't play many sports, this information should prove to be useful if I wanted to play basketball.
ReplyDeleteYeah! Using the proper form when jumping will help you get lots of rebounds, a necessity in basketball
Delete