Monday, November 30, 2015

Big-A** Book of Crafts 2: Fishbowl Latern

"A little messy...a piece of cake... and totally worth the cleanup," (Montano 62). Those were the exact words I muttered to myself when I did this craft. I love making things and using my hands. When I realized that I could create something using only glass chips, a tiny fish bowl, grout, and a hot glue gun I got right to it (Montano 62). Once I got all my materials, I got to work. I glue using precise positioning, then I placed grout all over the bowl. This was the best project for me because I love getting my hands dirty, while messing around to make something unique. I chose blue glass chips to add a bit of "me" in the project, since blue is one of my favorite colors. After I finished cleaning off the excess grout I was extremely happy with my craft and I was glad I did it.

 Steps:

1.  I took glass chips and I hot glued it to the fish bowl.
2. I mixed the grout with water and made it the same consistency as tooth paste.
3. I slabbed the grout mixture onto the fish bowl.
4. I wiped off the excess grout with a sponge.
5. Then I waited 8 hours for the grout to dry.
6. Lastly I went over the bowl once again with a sponge.

Question: What is a project that you have done that you feel has a little bit of "yourself" in it? Why did you do that project?


Montano, Mark. The Big-ass Book of Crafts 2. New York: Gallery, 2011. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment