Monday, December 1, 2014

Soccer IQ

Many coaches and players always say speed of play is very important, playing faster soccer is better. I agree and the book I'm reading agrees as well. the book Soccer IQ states " Your job is to take everything you do and do it fast." this is a great statement, slow play leads to turnovers, and ultimately loses games.


Barcelona is a great example of speed of play, each and every player on that team has patients, and don't try and "win the game" every time he has the ball at his feet. Barcelona's Possession is always so quick and fast many teams have a hard time keeping up with them, which is exactly why its better to play fast. Just remember that you don't have to try go forward if you cant, its always better to play possession quickly first, then your changes and opportunities to win the game will come later.
this is a picture of Alex Morgan, she play for the women's U.S.A team. at this level the speed of play is super fast, it may not look as though she's moving or playing fast, she is.






1 comment:

  1. Good post! I can relate to this because I play soccer myself and I know speed of play is very important.
    -Brandon Kam

    ReplyDelete