Rolling rolling rolling, you need it to survive. A fundamental aspect of parkour is to be able to roll in order to convert your downward momentum into forward movement. When attempting large drops as soon as you make contact with the ground you essentially must drop into a roll and immediately start running when you come out of it. This ensures that your body endures the minimum amount of shock and abuse possible and keeps your speed mostly preserved so you can carry it through into another movement. If time allows i'll make a video of some high drops into a roll. Along with the correct way to roll and how to come out of it. As these are not a normal roll over your spine as that could cause damage, They're more diagonal from your preferred shoulder to your opposite hip, to reduce contact on the spine. That's all for now. Buh bye.

I think this is one of the most under-appreciated skills in Parkour. As you've said this is one of the fundamental aspects, and I completely agree. I've heard that this is also one of the hardest skills to master. I'm glad that you took the time to talk about it.
ReplyDelete