The best part about these cookies is you can decorate them however you want. Doesn’t matter, just add whatever food coloring you want to the frosting and you’re good to go! The icing is just as simple as the dough recipe. It calls for “powdered sugar, unsalted butter, salt, pure vanilla extract, pure lemon extract, whole milk and whatever food coloring you desire” (Perry 46). Easy right? The only thing I didn’t like about the recipe is the dough has to be cooled in the fridge for two hours! That’s probably just me though…I’m a bit impatient. The dough should be divided into two flatten 6- to 8-inch disks” (Perry 46). If you’re patient (unlike myself) you can leave the dough overnight inside the fridge. And remember once you take the dough out of the fridge let it sit for a while to be chilled but make sure it is not too mushy. Once you are finished with the cookies and taste them for the first time you’ll realize the wait was worth it! Do you think these cookies are worth it? Comment and explain!
Ingredients:
Dough-
2 ¼ cups of
all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon
baking soda
¼ teaspoon
salt
½ cup
unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup bakers
or superfine sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 egg, at
room temperature, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons
pure vanilla extract
¼ cup
buttermilk, at room temperature
Icing-
3 cups powdered
sugar
1/3 cup
unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pinch of
salt
1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon
pure lemon extract
2
tablespoons whole milk or cream, plus more if needed
2 to 3 drops
of food coloring
Citation-
Perry, Sara.
Holiday Baking. San Francisco: Chronicle Books LLC, 2005. Print.
Yes! I do think these cookies are well worth it. Because they sound fairly easy to make, fun to make and not to mention extremely delicious I hope, right? I would have to agree with you about that wait in the fridge, I'm pretty impatient as well so the wait would kill me too. But beats having to go to the store and wasting precious gas, Great post!
ReplyDeleteBrandon,,
DeleteThey are indeed very delicious! Thank you so much for your comment!!! Much appreciated.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete