Blank states " Sometimes its so obvious that it's literally painful. If you pass it to your teammate's left foot he/she can protect it from the opponent who is closing her down. But if you play it to his/her right foot it becomes a 50-50 ball and your teammate gets clobbered by a thundering tackle" (Blank 15). I agree with this because it makes sense. You need to play a proper ball to the proper foot in order for your teammate to avoid as much contact to their defender.
Take the team Barcelona for example. They are a vey possessive team when they pass, and pass so they make sure each pass is for the greater good and outcome of the game. They are making sure they are getting the ball to the correct foot.
Do you think this simple task would make a impact in a game situation? If not explain.
Citation: Blank, Dan. "Soccer i.Q". Copyright 2012 Dan Blank
| Iniesta passing to his teammate most likely to his teammates left foot to avoid contact from the defender. |
Yes I think this task would make all the difference in a game because, from experience, I know that it is very hard to keep the ball when played to a foot that is being closed down by a defender. If your team can't play the right foot, then it will be very hard to keep the ball and with out the ball you can't score.
ReplyDeleteThank you Olivia, I am pleased to know that you feel the same way about this important concept!
ReplyDelete