When you take part in Geocaching, you feel that you are partaking in an activity that is full of fun and freewill, however, you must be aware of the people around you that have no idea what Geocaching may be. "Curious onlookers may wonder why anyone would so intently look around the same area when nothing appears to be there," (The Editors and Staff of Geocaching.com 83). The cache I found in Bellevue was located inside of a news box, which may look interesting to a common spectator when my head is inside the box looking for the cache. Below are pictures of where I found the cache.
As you can see, the cache was located in a very small container, magnetic to the inside top of the newspaper box. Be prepared to explain to spectators what activity you are enjoying and keep an open mind about how you look when searching for the cache. "Remain low-key. There is no reason to disturb anyone or make anyone wonder what you're doing," (The Editors and Staff of Geocaching.com 82). No one came up to me this time and asked, but it could happen and as a Geocacher you must be prepared for anything. I found it successfully and quick, a great day of caching!! Happy Caching and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If you were to Geocache in a city and someone were to approach you curiously, what would you say to explain the activity you are partaking in?





It was really cool learning all about geocaching from your blog! Sounds really fun and interesting! To answer your question, if someone were to approach me and ask about my geocaching ways, I'd have to tell them I was on a treasure hunt (technically I am) plus I'd be curious to see what their reactions would be!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea, especially because Geocaching is so similarly related to treasure hunting. I might have to use that idea next time!
DeleteAll of your blog posts have defiantly added to my little knowledge of geo-caching! Your writing is very detailed and each of your posts explores different parts of this hobbie! To follow up on your question i would tell them i was working on a scavenger/treasure hunt!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tori , the same goes for you that that is a GREAT idea, go geocaching soon!
DeleteI really enjoyed this tip on quick non-suspicious geo-caching as it has sparked my interest in this activity! I loved the way you included where and what you can find when geo-caching and I appreciated the time and effort you put into this post. Job well done!
ReplyDeleteThank you thank you thank you!!!
Delete