Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Chocolate Mousse

For my second post I thought of making something really delicious that would be a great dessert for a family party. Since it is the holiday season, this dish would make a great addition to your dessert menu for Christmas dinner! This recipe for a chocolate mousse is "right for any occasion, from everyday meals for family and friends to special events when you want to impress" (Mildred 10). I have a great looking dish to show you today, made from The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts.


Ingredients:
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
  • 6 1-ounce squares of semisweet chocolate
  • 2 1-ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
The final product turned out looking fantastic, and tasted amazing. See the pictures below to check it out
I served this chocolate mousse to my family after dinner and they loved it

Even up close, this dish looks stunning.

Notice to whip cream and chocolate shavings garnishes I added to this dish for a little extra pop in the presentation to it
I had a fun time making this dish, and was happy how it turned out. I will certainly consider making this dish again next time I have a family and friends gathering because "cold mousses can be made ahead, [and] they're perfect for entertaining" (Mildred 10). Well I hope you all learned a new thing to make after reading this post.
If you were to pick a mousse to make, would it be chocolate like this one, or another flavor? Which flavor would that be?


Citation:
Ying, Mildred. The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts. New York: Hearst, 1991. Print.

5 comments:

  1. Really great job on making this look appealing and super easy at the same time! I could definitely see an improvement from your first post, being more descriptive and having a thoughtful introduction and conclusion. I liked how you included specifically that this would be perfect for a holiday party. If I were to remake this recipe, I would probably make a Tiramisu Mousse because I know it would be perfect for my family and it would be my first time making mousse anything. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on making this lovely mousse cake. If I were to pick a mousse cake to make, I would still pick chocolate mousse cake because I love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and has a very nice presentation. This looks like something I could make easily but is still impressive. I would stick with chocolate for my mousse because I love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mousse looks AMAZZIING, and I wish I could eat it right now. I value the effort you put into your blog posts and the pictures you attach are very appealing. If I were to make this mousse I would do it the exact same way because I LOVE chocolate and this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love mousse, and this one looks delicious. I would definitely make this in chocolate because chocolate is by far my favorite flavor for anything :) Unfortunately, I am also a terrible cook because I burn basically everything, so I feel like making this would take some extra concentration for me!

    ReplyDelete