Sunday, November 30, 2014

Perspective Drawing


 I used to think perspective drawing was just drawing a cube, or a road, something 3-d, but as I started to read about it I discovered that it is much more complex than that. This type of drawing is used to bring life upon a 2 dimensional piece of paper. "Perspective helps organize space and to structure depth" (Roig 6).

While drawing a scene from nature and representing depth, you want to do it without the rigorous parameters of geometrical perspective, but to apply it only intuitively, with your eye.

My first attempt at this type of drawing was a simple alley way with a few windows and doors. I decided to do this so that I would be able to start off easy. I showed the basic outlines of the different objects, not many details, to show my beginning level, and also to get a small glimpse of what was to come.
After reflecting on this first drawing, I decided to move on to the next step, and try something a little more difficult, adding in more detail.
The first image is the original picture that I used as a reference, and the second is my drawing of the image.







2 comments:

  1. You mentioned that perspective drawing brings more dimensions to the 2-D paper. I remember learning about the spacing and natural lines of a picture, that guide the eye to the subject. Is it correct that the newly added depth to the drawing can also contribute to guiding viewers to the main subject, instead of just the linear and vertical guides?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God job Kayla! That looks great! I love how you added more detail in your second drawing it looks really good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete