For this project, I couldn't decide which book to pick because there aren't many books based on Hair so I found a great one which has many tips and secrets on doing hair, "Secrets of How to Become a Successful Hairstylist" by Max Roman. One of his tips that he shared which helped me a lot was "Patience and Loyalty", he says " There are many young stylists that immediately expect to be highly successful and eventually own their salon. While it is a great aspiration, one must understand that it is a huge undertaking" (15, Roman). you can't just accomplish everything right away, you need patience. Patience is the key to success, and it is hard sometimes. Each time I do hair, I get very stressed if something goes wrong, and I used to just give up, but after getting an advise from Max about being patient, I understood that its a very important lesson that one must follow. If anything goes wrong, you just gotta be patient. Max Roman quoted "Have Patience. Everything is difficult before it gets easy" (17, Roman)
The picture below shows my progress on doing hair. First picture is actually my 1st hairstyle that I did which I mentioned earlier. Second one was for my friend; her sister was getting married and she asked me to do an elegant hair-updo for her . I also did the bride's hair which was truly a magnificent experience. Third hair-updo I did was for my really good friend Jennifer, and I would say that this is my favorite one. Fourth hairstyle was for my other sister, Nadia, and her hair is very long plus thick so it was hard to work with it, I needed lots of patience but after two hours, I did indeed accomplish that desired look i wanted to have for my client. I'm going to add that all these hairstyles are mine meaning I came up with an idea for all of them. So, one of the main keys to being successful with doing hair would be "Having Patience".
![]() |
| My progress of hair-updos that i did for my friends and siblings 1-4, the older ones to newest. |

This is BEYOND AMAZING! Can you please do my hair for every formal event for the rest of my life?? You're sooo talented! Keep it up! You seem very humble, which is fine! Just it's also okay to take some pride in how amazing you are! CONGRATS.
ReplyDeleteHaha, you're so sweet thank you. I'd love to do some hair updos for you. Now I'm actually doing a project for my personal portfolio where i ask some girls to be my hair models, so if you're interested, i can do some hairstyles for you if you'd like, Thank you again :)
DeleteYour post is very insightful and I love how you gave a personal touch talking about your sister and giving a foundation for explaining how you came to love doing hair; it was very organized and interesting to read about! It is very inspiring to see that you have found something you love to do so recently, I personally relate with my singing passion :) Also, my mom is a hairstylist! She has been doing hair since the age of 18, I've seen many hairstyles and have even done hair in my mom's shop, and I know you have a lot of potential, so keep it up gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBethany :)
Thank you Bethany, its so nice to hear something like that from you, I'm glad you liked my article . Yeah, I started doing hair recently and I'm sure it's my passion. You have a beautiful voice!!! very talented, I wish I could sing. Wow nice, I'd like to meet your mom then :), Thank you again, Wish you luck on your singing, you are also Gorgeous :)
Delete- Sana
Oksana, you are so good with hair!!! I wish I could do this, it has so much volume and there are no strays! I really enjoyed reading your opening paragraph about how hair is your passion. How did you get so much volume? How did you get it to hold so smoothly without any stray hairs? I LOVE this post so much and can't wait to read more from you! I will definitely try to use your tips you suggested for the next time I try to do my hair nice :)
ReplyDeleteThese hairstyles are amazing! Its a good thing this is your passion because you could make a living off of these if you wanted to! I love how not only mentioned the differences between the hairstyles but also the qualities you needed to perfect them, like patience. I admire that. Keep up the beautiful work.
ReplyDelete